AD / Director, Biology (Oncology)
As an AD / Director at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You are an experienced Biologist that will oversee a diverse team of scientists to advance the development of novel compounds and the characterization of their MOA on cancer cells and in vivo. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to manage scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting fast-paced environment in a rapidly-growing company. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of biologists, biochemists, chemists and bioinformaticians to support drug discovery programs for next wave of RNA therapeutics.
- You have demonstrated experience in leading small team of scientists.
- You are a rigorous scientist who makes decisions based on data produced with very high standards of quality.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to do what it takes to solve hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your experience in oncology drug discovery and internal resources to lead a team of biologists to advance the development of novel compounds and MOA studies in relevant models.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Have a strategic mindset when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Lead, mentor, and empower Ph.D Scientists and Research Associates.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with, bioinformatics, biochemistry and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and manage diverse team interactions.
- Communicate and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization.
- Be the to-go subject matter expertise.
- Create, interact, and manage a network of academic advisors and KOLs.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Immunology, Cellular Biology, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, with at least 3 years of management experience.
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or and patents.
- Proven experience in early-stage drug discovery process is required.
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Able to deliver in an exciting high-paced environment.
Please contact NextRNA Head talent acquisition for further information.
Mary Beth Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org