Controller/Director of Finance and Accounting
At NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals whose mission is to translate pioneering science of non-coding RNAs into transformative medicines for patients. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly collaborative professionals in an exciting, fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech.
The Controller will be responsible for the accounting activities of the company. This is a new position to support the expansion of the Company’s operations and will report to the Chief Business Officer (CBO). The Controller will be responsible for overseeing accounting activities, tax compliance and internal controls. This will be a critical role in driving the future of the Company, with potential for increasing responsibilities in the finance function of the company.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in the planning and development of financial models/budgets. Analyze financial results of operations and provide input for forecasting scenarios
- Maintenance of the company’s stock records, including capitalization table, stock options, warrants, and stock-based compensation
- As we grow, internalize functions by hiring and developing a team to meet increasing needs and requirements
- Lead the company’s activities with external auditors and manage internal controls
- Evaluate technical accounting matters and accompanying reporting, including staying current with the latest GAAP pronouncements, writing of memos, and implementing new FASB Statements
- Develop and drive the adoption of common processes and systems across the company
- Manage the submission of income, property, franchise, and other tax returns
- Develop and maintain internal controls appropriate for GAAP financial reporting
- Identify and research the appropriate accounting treatment for complex accounting transactions
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the expected initial duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- BA/BS degree and CPA or equivalent required
- Large public accounting experience preferred
- 6+ years of operational experience in progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- Public company reporting experience preferred
- Stock option administration experience preferred
- Financial system implementation experience a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization
- Experience managing relationships with external auditors
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives
- Excellent judgment and critical-thinking skills
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a small, growing company, able to work with all functions in the organization
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Please contact NextRNA Head of Talent Acquisition for further information.
Mary Beth Greene: