Research Associate I/II, Technology Platform Group
As a Research Associate I/II at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You will play a critical role in identifying and validating novel non-coding RNA targets. You will be a key member of the team that is responsible for optimizing, trouble shooting, and running the NextRNA discovery platform in collaboration with computational biology. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of biologists, biochemist, chemists and bioinformaticians to support drug discovery programs for next wave of RNA therapeutics.
- You are a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to do what it takes to solve hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
What you’ll do
- Play a key role identifying novel RNA Binding protein targets using the NextRNA HTS discovery platform.
- Run high throughput screens utilizing modern automation and detection platforms.
- Effective Trouble shooting and assay optimization skills required.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Present your work to the platform team on a regular basis.
- Contribute to daily lab management activities.
- BS/MS degree in biology, molecular or cell biology, microbiology, or a related field.
- 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical (preferred) setting is required.
- Experience in common molecular biology techniques such as RNA/DNA isolation, gene cloning, PCR/qPCR, plasmid design, and western blotting.
- Proficient in media prep and aseptic techniques.
- Familiarity with tissue culture and transfection techniques.
- Experience with automation.
Please contact NextRNA Head talent acquisition for further information.