Scientist/Scientist II, Biophysicist in Structural Biology
As a Scientist I/II, Biophysicist in Structural Biology at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. Reporting to the Head of Structural Biology, you will be a key team member responsible for integrating biophysical technologies to our drug discovery pipeline.
- You have a toolbox of technologies/experiences that you can apply to tackle new challenges such as drugging the undruggable space.
- You are driven, passionate, and motivated to make a difference.
- You are a real team player and collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to take on hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
What you’ll do:
- Bring a biophysical specialty to a fast-growing team, especially, SPR assay development for RNA-binding proteins and/or RNAs with small molecules.
- Design, perform and analyze SPR data and actively engage in collaboration with CRO’s.
- Eager to travel to use instruments for acquiring high-quality data.
- Explore and evaluate new biophysical methods and adopt to a novel drug discovery.
- Contribute to the development of experimental designs for understanding protein and RNA bindings.
- Work together closely with multidisciplinary team members to screen small molecules and validate targets.
- Enjoy the teamwork.
- PhD with 2+ years post-PhD experience in biophysics field.
- Expertise of SPR (Surface Plasmon Resonance) and protein expression/purification applying to small molecule drug discovery are required.
- Experience with RNA biochemistry is a plus.
- Prior experience with other biophysical methods such as ITC, and/or MST is preferred.
- Experience in interdisciplinary environment such as in collaboration with medicinal chemists is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please contact NextRNA Head Talent Acquisition for further information.
Mary Beth Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org