Senior Computational Biologist
As a Senior Computational Biologist at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You will have a key role in identifying and validating novel non-coding RNA targets. You will be a key team member responsible for optimizing NextRNA discovery platform in collaboration with our founder scientists. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of bioinformaticians, biochemist, chemists and biologist to support drug discovery programs for next wave of RNA therapeutics.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to do what it takes to solve hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
- You advocate for best practices/collaboration in code development
What you’ll do:
- Run/Develop pipelines to analyze genomic data
- Detection of copy number variants of lncRNA on cancer samples
- Detection of lncRNA isoform on cancer samples
- Curate clinical data and analyze multi-Omics data to be used on the analysis
- Development of gene regulatory network methods to discovery the most important pathways targets in the internal datasets
- Lead the computational target discovery effort
- Mentor and manage junior scientists
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, data science, or a related field. + 5-8 years of post-doctoral experience.
- 2 years in biotech is required.
- Experience in designing, planning, and executing projects independently is required.
- Experience in gene regulation is required.
- Knowledge on RNA biology is required.
- Experience with RNA sequencing data is required.
- Experience with R or python is required.
- Experience with high performance cluster is required.
- Experience with GitHub is required.
Come to NextRNA as your true self. We value every aspect that makes you unique and want everyone to feel comfortable being who they are while working with us. This is why NextRNA does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, neurodiversity, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We welcome any qualified individual to bring their unique selves to become part of our team.
Please contact NextRNA Head talent acquisition for further information
Mary Beth Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org