Senior Research Associate, Biology
As a Senior Research Associate at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You will have a key role in identifying and validating novel non-coding RNA targets. You will be a key team member responsible for optimizing NextRNA discovery platform in collaboration with our founder scientists. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of biologists, biochemist, chemists and bioinformaticians to support drug discovery programs for next wave of RNA therapeutics.
- You are a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to do what it takes to solve hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and validate novel non-coding RNA using state-of-the-art molecular biology and biochemical/immunological techniques and be adept in implementing new technologies as they become available.
- Develop functional assays tailored to each of our drug discovery programs.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and manage diverse team interactions.
- Contribute to daily lab management activities.
- BS/MS degree in biology, molecular or cell biology, immunology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical (preferred) setting is required.
- Experience in designing, planning, and executing experiments independently is required.
- Proficient in mammalian cell line and primary cell culture and transfection.
- Experience in common molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, PCR/qPCR is required.
- Experience in common biochemical and immunological assays such as ELISA/MSD/Luminex, Western blot is required.
- Understanding in early-stage drug discovery process is required.
- Deep understanding or previous experience on RNA biology is preferred.
- Experience with automation and other high-throughput tools and instrumentation is a plus.
- Experience with FACS/Flow Cytometry and gene editing techniques such as RNAi-mediated transient gene knockdown or CRISPR/Cas9 is preferred.
- Capacity for quantitative and/or statistical analysis using common software tools (g., GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Suite,etc.).
Please contact NextRNA Head talent acquisition for further information.
Mary Beth Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org