Sr Research Associate, Biology
As a Sr Research Associate at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals which vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You will be a key team member responsible for optimizing NextRNA discovery platform in collaboration with our founder scientists. You will have a key role in identifying and validating novel non-coding RNA targets and you will work with a team of biologists, biochemist, chemists, computer scientists to support drug discovery programs for next wave therapies.
- You are a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths
- You are conscientious, organized and, detailed oriented
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to take on hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and validate novel non-coding RNA using state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques and be adept in implementing new technologies as they become available.
- Develop functional assays tailored to each of our drug discovery programs.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and manage diverse team interactions.
- Contribute to daily lab management activities.
- BS/MS degree in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical (preferred) setting are required.
- Deep understanding in early-stage drug discovery process
- Proficient in cell culture, quantitative cell-based assays.
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and previous work on RNA is a plus.
- Experience with automation and other high-throughput tools and instrumentation is a plus.
- Capacity for quantitative and/or statistical analysis using common software tools (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Suite, etc.).