Sr. Scientist, Biology
As a Sr. Scientist at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. You will have a key role leading the biology efforts for one or more of our high priority programs, both hands-on and by leading jr. scientists / research associates. You will have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of biologists, biochemists, chemists and bioinformaticians to support drug discovery programs for next wave of RNA therapeutics.
- You are a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You are passionate about science and exploring novel pathways and mechanisms of action to drive drug discovery.
- You are a real team player whose collaboration is one of your best strengths.
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to do what it takes to solve hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You enjoy wearing several hats and volunteer to take additional responsibilities for the good of the company and the team.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a deep understanding of RNA biology involving disease, and NextRNA’s unique drug discovery platform, to lead the biology activities of high-priority projects.
- Develop functional assays tailored to our drug discovery programs.
- Provide oncology biology expertise to lead a drug discovery team.
- Lead, mentor, and empower jr. Research Associates.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with, bioinformatics, biochemistry and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Contribute to daily lab management activities.
- Record, communicate and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Genetics, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required, with at least 2 years in industry required.
- Strong foundational knowledge of RNA biology preferred.
- Experience with oncology and/or immuno-oncology drug discovery preferred.
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications or scientific presentations.
- Experience in designing, planning, and executing experiments independently is required.
- Understanding in early-stage drug discovery process is required.
- Proficient in mammalian cell line and primary cell culture and transfection.
- Experience in common molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, PCR/qPCR is required.
- Experience in common biochemical and immunological assays such as ELISA/MSD/Luminex, Western blot is required.
- Experience with automation and other high-throughput tools and instrumentation is a plus.
- Experience with FACS/Flow Cytometry and gene editing techniques such as RNAi-mediated transient gene knockdown or CRISPR/Cas9 is preferred.
- Capacity for quantitative and/or statistical analysis using common software tools (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Ability to convince others to pursue a course of action and to communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change.
Please contact NextRNA Head talent acquisition for further information.
Mary Beth Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org