Scientist, (Biochemist/Biophysicist) in Structural Biology
As a Scientist (Biochemist/Biophysicist) Structural Biology at NextRNA Therapeutics, you will join an interdisciplinary founding team of highly creative and talented individuals whose vision is to improve patients’ lives by expanding the space of RNA-targeted Therapies. Reporting to the Head of Structural Biology, you will be a key team member responsible for integrating structural biology, biochemistry, and biophysical technologies to our drug discovery pipeline.
- You have a toolbox of technologies/experiences that you can apply to tackle new challenges such as drugging the undruggable space
- You are driven, passionate, and motivated to make a difference
- You are a real team player and collaboration is one of your best strengths
- You are conscientious, organized, and detailed oriented
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to take on hard problems
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible
What you’ll do:
- Develop and use multiple biophysical and biochemistry methods to find small molecule leads interacting with either RNA or Protein, characterize screening hits and project compounds, and determine their molecular mechanism of action
- Lead the biochemistry/biophysics effort for several NextRNA programs: analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data to project teams and planning next steps
- Contribute to the development of experimental methods for understanding protein and RNA conformational dynamics
- Explore and evaluate new biophysical technologies internally and externally
- Manage work performed at CROs
- PhD degree with 2-3 yrs. experience or MS with 8+ yrs. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Enzymology, or a related field (preferably with industry or post-doctoral experience)
- Industry experience in Biotech, Pharmaceuticals or Drug Discovery preferred.
- A strong understanding of protein and / or RNA structure and biophysics
- Experience with protein expression/RNA transcription, purification, and characterization
- Familiar with construct design, AKTA, UV, SPR, ITC, MST, X-ray crystallography or NMR is highly desirable (Previous experience in running projects using NMR technologies is a plus)
- Experience in contributing to medicinal chemistry drug discovery efforts to evaluate compound SAR and mode of action characterization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear manner and to provide direction for experiments.
- Experience in NMR, SPR, ITC or MST is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please contact NextRNA Head Talent Acquisition for further information